for outstanding contributions to geomagnetism, in particular to understanding the origin and long term variation of the geomagnetic field, the electrical conductivity of the Earth, and electromagnetic phenomena associated with earthquakes and volcanos.
A list of five major papers
- Yukutake,T., The drift velocity of the geomagnetic secular variation, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 20, 403-414, 1968.
- Yukutake,T. and H. Tachinaka, Separation of the earth’s magnetic field into the drifting and the standing parts, Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst., 47, 65-97, 1969.
- Yukutake,T., A stratified core motion inferred from geomagnetic secular variations, Phys. Earth Planet. Int., 24, 253-258, 1981.
- Yukutake,T., J. H. Filloux, J. Segawa, Y. Hamano and H. Utada, Preliminary report on a magnetotelluric array study in the northwest pacific, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 35, 575-587, 1983.
- Yukutake,T. et al., Changes in the electrical resistivity of the central cone, Mihara-yama, of Oshima volcano observed by a direct current method, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 42, 151-168, 1990.