For outstanding contributions to the understanding of the structure of Philippine Sea plate beneath the Kanto-Tokai area and to the development of the nation-wide broadband seismic network
A list of five major papers
- Ishida, M. and H. Kanamori, (1978), The foreshock activity of the 1971 San Fernando earthquake, California, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 68, 1265-1279.
- Ishida, M. and A. Hasemi, (1988), Three-dimensional fine velocity structure and hypocentral distribution of earthquakes beneath the Kanto-Tokai district, Japan, J. Geophys. Res., 93, 2076-2094.
- Ishdia, M., (1992), Geometry and relative motion of the Philippine Sea plate and Pacific plate beneath the Kanto-Tokai district, Japan, J. Geophys. Res., 97, 489-513.
- Ishida, M., (1995), The seismically quiescent boundary between the Philippine Sea plate and the Eurasian Plate in central Japan, Techtonophysics, 243, 241-253.
- Ishida, M., S. Maruyama, D. Suetsugu, S. Matsuzaka and T. Eguchi, (1999), Superplume Project: Towards a new view of whole earth dynamics, Earth Planets Space, 51(1), i-v.