for outstanding contributions to the planetary evolution science, in particular to the understanding of noble gas geochemistry.
A list of five major papers
- Ozima M. Ar isotopes and Earth-atmosphere evolution models. 1975 Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 39, 1127-1134.
- Hiyagon H. and Ozima M. Partition of norble gases between olivine and basalt melt. 1986. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 50, 2045-2057.
- Hiyagon H., Ozima M., Marty B. Zashu S. and Sakai H. 1992. Noble gases in submarine glasses from mid-oceanic ridges and Loihi seamount: Constraints on the early history of the Earth. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 56, 1301-1316.
- Ozima M. and Podosek F.A. 1999. Formation age of Earth from 129I/127I and 244Pu/238U systematics and the missing Xe. J. Geophys. Res. 104, 25493-25499.
- Ozima M and Larson E.E. Low- and High Temperature Oxidation of Titano magnetite in relation to Irreversible Changes in the Magnetic Properties of Submarine Basalts. J. Geophys. Res. 75, 1003-1017.