for outstanding contributions to high-pressure physics, experimental planetary science, solid geophysics, seismology and the understanding of the history of the earth.
A list of five major papers
- M. Kumazawa and O.L. Anderson, Elastic Moduli, Pressure Derivatives, and Temperature Derivative of Single-Crystal Olivine and Single-Crystal Forsteritc, J. Geophys. Res., 74, 5961-5972, 1969.
- M. Kumazawa, Theory of generation of very high static pressures by an external force, High Temperature and High Pressure 5, 599-619, 1973.
- M. Kumazawa and S. Maruyama, Whole earth tectonics, J. Geological Soc. Japan 100, 81-102, 1994.
- Y. Yokoyama, M. Kumazawa, and T. Nakajima, Transfer function measured by electromagnetic sounding with an accurately controlled signal, Earth Planets Space, 54, 459–472, 2002.
- N. Katsuta, I. Shimizu, H. Helmstaedt, M. Takano, S. Kawakami, and M. Kumazawa, Major element distribution in Archean banded iron formation (BIF): influence of metamorphic differentiation, J. metamorphic Geol. 30, 457–472, 2012.