For outstanding contributions to geochemistry, in particular to the development and application of K-Ar and Ar-Ar dating to geological samples, and to the understanding of mantle chemical structure using noble gases
A list of five major papers
- Kaneoka, I. and N. Takaoka (1980) Rare gas isotopes in Hawaiian ultramafic nodules and volcanic rocks: constraint on genetic relationships. Science, 208, 1366-1368.
- Kaneoka, I. (1983a) Noble gas constraints on the layered structure of the mantle. Nature, 302, 698-700.
- Kaneoka, I. (1983b) Anomalously old 40Ar-39Ar ages of Antarctic meteorites due to weathering. Nature, 304, 146-148.
- Kaneoka, I., K. Notsu, Y. Takigami, K. Fujioka and H. Sakai (1990) Constraints on the evolution of the Japan Sea based on 40Ar-39Ar ages and Sr isotopic ratios of volcanic rocks of the Yamato Seamount chain in the Japan Sea. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 97, 211-225.
- Kaneoka, I. (1998) Noble gas signatures in the Earth’s interior -Coupled or decoupled behaviour among each isotope systematics and problems related to their implication. Chem. Geol., 147, 61-76.