For outstanding contributions to the space plasma physics, in particular to the extensive space-based and ground-based observations together with theoretical works
A list of five major papers
- Oya, H. Conversion of electrostatic plasma waves into electromagnetic waves: numerical calculation of the dispersion relation for all wavelengths, Radio Sci., 6, 1131-1141, 1971.
- Oya, H. Origin of Jovian decameter wave emissions–conversion from the electron cyclotron plasma wave to the ordinary mode electromagnetic wave, Planet. Space Sci., 22, 687-708, 1974.
- Oya, H. and A. Morioka Observational evidence of Z and L-O mode waves as the origin of Auroral kilometric radiation from the Jikiken (EXOS-B) satellite, J. Geophys. Res., 88, 6189-6203, 1983.
- Oya, H., A. Morioka, W. Miyake, E. J. Smith, and B. T. Tsurutani Discovery of cometary kilometric radiations and plasma waves at comet Halley, Nature, 321, 307-310, 1986.
- Oya, H., A. Morioka, K. Kobayashi, M. Iizima, T. Ono, H. Miyaoka, T. Okada and T. Obara Plasma wave observation and sounder experiments (PWS) using the Akebono (EXOS-D) satellite – instrumentation and initial results including discovery of the high altitude equatorial plasma turbulence, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 42, 411-442, 1990.