for outstanding contributions to the study of geographic information science, in particular to the statistical understanding of the distribution of geographical space and its social implementation.
A list of five major papers
- Locational optimization problems solved through Voronoi diagrams. European Journal of Operation Research 98, 445–456.
- Okabe, A., Boots, B. and Sugihara, K. (1994) Nearest neighbourhood operations with generalized Voronoi diagrams: a review. International Journal of Geographical Information Systems 8, 43-71.
- Okabe, A. and Yamada, I. (2001) The K-function method on a network and its computational implementation. Geographical Analysis 33, 271–290.
- Okabe, A. and Okunuki, K. (2001) A Computational Method for Estimating the Demand of Retail Stores on a Street Network and its Implementation in GIS Transactions in GIS 5, 209–220.
- Okabe, A., Yomono, H. and Kitamura, M. (1995) Statistical Analysis of the distribution of points on a network Geographical Analysis 27, 152–175.