For outstanding and pioneering works on marine geology and mineral resources, and contributions to society based on professional and comprehensive knowledge.
A list of five major papers
- Urabe, T., E. T. Baker, J. Ishibashi, R. A. Feely, K. Marumo, G. J. Massoth, A. Maruyama, K. Shitashima, K. Okamura, J. E. Lupton, A. Sonoda, T. Yamazaki, M. Aoki, J. Gendron, R. Greene, Y. Kaiho, K. Kisimoto, G. Lebon, T. Matsumoto, K. Nakamura, A. Nishizawa, O. Okano, G. Paradis, K. Roe, T. Shibata, D. Tennant, T. Vance, S. L. Walker, T. Yabuki, and N. Ytow (1995), The Effect of Magmatic Activity on Hydrothermal Venting Along the Superfast-Spreading East Pacific Rise, Science, 269, 1092-1095.
- Urabe, T. and Kusakabe, M. (1990) Barite silica chimneys from the Sumisu Rift, Izu- Bonin arc. Earth. Planet. Sci. Lett., 100, 283-290.
- Urabe, T. (1987) The effect of pressure on the partition ratio of lead and zinc between vapor and rhyolite melts. Economic Geology, 82, 1049-1052.
- Urabe, T. (1985) Aluminous granite as a source magma of hydrothermal ore deposits: an experimental study. Economic Geology, 80, 148-157.
- Urabe, T. and Sato, T. (1978) Kuroko deposits of the Kosaka mine, Northeast Honshu, Japan – Products of submarine hot spring on Miocene sea floor. Economic Geology, v. 73, 161-179.