For outstanding contributions to establishment of the atmospheric radiation study, observation of aerosol, cloud and greenhouse gases, and evaluation of their climate effects
A list of five major papers
- Yamamoto, G., and M. Tanaka (1969), Determination of aerosol size distribution from spectral attenuation measurements. Appl. Opt., 8, 447-453.
- Tanaka, M. (1971a, b, c), Radiative transfer in turbid atmospheres. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 49, 296-312, 312-332, 333-342.
- Tanaka, M., and T. Nakajima (1977), Effects of oceanic turbidity and index of refraction of hydrosols on the flux of solar radiation in the atmosphere-ocean system. J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, 18, 93-111.
- Nakazawa, T., and M. Tanaka (1982), Measurements of intensities and self- and foreign- gasbroadened half-widths of spectral lines in the CO fundamental band. J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, 28, 409-416.
- Tanaka, M., T. Nakazawa and S. Aoki (1987), Time and space variations of tropospheric carbon dioxide over Japan. Tellus, 39B, 3-12.