JpGU strictly complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and relevant laws and regulations in treating personal information. JpGU also complies with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for information obtained from the residents in the EEA (European Economic Area).
3．Updates of this Policy
4．Collection of personal information
JpGU collects information identifiable such as names, contact addresses (e.g. e-mail) and additionally age, gender, countries and areas of residence or statistical data. Some tasks require passport information. When accessing our Website, in order to improve our service, we may automatically collect browser information (what browser was used to access JpGU and associated websites), referer (information of from where a certain URL was accessed), cookie (record of JpGU and associated Websites stored on user’s browser; user may enable/disable this function), or IP address (area of access is identifiable).
6．Use of personal information
JpGU uses personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes:
JpGU may provide or use personal information for other purposes than the above in case of the following:
- To manage and administer registration, abstract submission, session proposals to JpGU annual meetings and other meetings hosted or co-hosted by JpGU (individuals registering, submitting abstracts or proposing sessions will be able to search and find personal information of other ID holders of JpGU);
- To conduct JpGU activities such as exchanging information within each Science Section (restricted to JpGU Members only);
- To conduct JpGU administrative activities such as the collection of Member fees, Elections of Representatives, Section Presidents, and Candidates for Directors, and all the Committee activities including Awards, Publicity and Outreach;
- To publish the journal of JpGU, from accepting paper submissions, reviews, editing to publishing;
- To achieve other JpGU goals.
- By the requirements of laws and regulations;
- Upon prior consent of the person who has provided his/her personal information;
- When deemed necessary to disclose in order to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and in which the consent of the person is difficult to be obtained;
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which the consent of the person is difficult to be obtained;
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ or a local government in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which notifying the person of the purpose of use may impede the execution of the affairs.
7．Management of personal information
JpGU will endeavor to maintain and manage the contents of the collected personal information to be correct and up-to-date regardless of whether they are of JpGU Members or non-Members.JpGU applies appropriate security management measures to personal information maintained and managed by JpGU against data destruction, falsification, or loss regardless of whether they are of JpGU Members or non-Members. JpGU will establish procedures in the case of an emergency of the data protection and management to be followed from the stage of recognition, notification to solving the problem.
8．Retention of personal information
JpGU will retain your personal information for a time period clearly justified for the purpose of JpGU activities or for the length of applicable legal requirements. Personal information data past this period will be erased or be made unidentifiable.
9．Responding to your requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of personal information use
Under the provision of the laws and regulations, the requests to JpGU to disclose, correct or suspend personal information maintained and managed by JpGU will be properly and promptly responded to the best we can after authentication of the person who made the request. Specific procedures can be found at URL: www.jpgu.org/en/
When a person makes a request for notification on the purposes of use of personal information or a disclosure of personal information for him/herself, JpGU promptly notifies or discloses in accordance with the prescribed procedure. We will explain if we cannot comply with your request.
When a person makes a request to correct, add or partially delete (hereafter called ‘correction’) personal information, JpGU promptly makes the correction in accordance with the prescribed procedure. We will explain if we cannot comply with your request.
Suspension of use
When a person makes a request to suspend or terminate use, or disallow transfer to third-party vendor (hereafter called ‘suspension of use’) of his/her personal information, JpGU promptly makes the suspension of use in accordance with the prescribed procedure. We will explain if we cannot comply with your request.
- Information disclosure