For numerous contributions to the Japan Geoscience Union during the period of its establishement; and outstanding contributions to planetary sciences, in particular to the understanding of the early evolution of terrestrial planets.
A list of five major papers
- Abe, Y. et al. (2011) Habitable zone limits for dry planets, Astrobiology, 11, 443-460, doi: 10.1089/ast.2010.0545.
- Abe, Y. (1997) Thermal and chemical evolution of the terrestrial magma ocean, Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 100, 27-39.
- Abe, Y. (1993) Physical state of the very early Earth, Lithos, 30, 223-235.
- Abe, Y., and T. Matsui (1988) Evolution of an impact-generated H2O-CO2 atmosphere and formation of a hot proto-ocean on Earth, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 45, 3082-3101.
- Abe, Y., and T. Matsui (1986) Early evolution of the Earth: Accretion, atmosphere formation, and thermal history, Journal of Geophysical Research (Proceedings of the Seventeenth Lunar and Planetary Science Conference), 91, E291-E302.