Sushil K. Atreya
For outstanding contributions to planetary atmospheres research and planetary missions to understand the origin and evolution of planets in our solar system and in extrasolar systems.
A list of five major papers
1. The Origin and Evolution of Saturn, with Exoplanet Perspective, S. K. Atreya, A. Crida, T. Guillot, J. I. Lunine, N. Madhusudhan, O. Mousis, in Saturn in the 21st Century (K. H. Baines et al., M. Flasar, N. Krupp, T. Stallard, eds.), Cambridge University Press, in press, 2017. Accepted article preprint from arxiv.org attached.
2. Mars Methane Detection and Variability at Gale Crater, with C. R. Webster, P. R. Mahaffy, et al., Science 347, 412-414, 2015. DOI: 10.1126/science.1260291.
3. Primordial Argon Isotope Fractionation In the Atmosphere of Mars Measured By The SAM Instrument On Curiosity, And Implications for Atmospheric Loss, S. K. Atreya, et al., Geophys. Res. Lett., 40(21):5605-5609, doi:10.1002/2013GL057763, 2013.
4. The Global Cycle of Methane on Titan, J. I. Lunine and S. K. Atreya, Nature Geoscience, 1, 159, 2008.
5. Methane and Related Trace Species on Mars: Origin, Loss, Implications for Life, and Habitability, S. K. Atreya, P. R. Mahaffy and A. S. Wong, Planet. Space Sci., 55, 358-369, 2007.