For outstanding contributions to the Aeronomy through studies of sprite/elves, proton auroras, Pc1/Pi2 pulsations, development of new instruments, and guidance of new young scientists in this
A list of five major papers
1. Fukunishi, H. (1975), Polarization changes of geomagnetic Pi 2 pulsations associated with the plasmapause, J. Geophys. Res., 80(1), 98-110.
2. Fukunishi, H. (1975), Dynamic relationship between proton and electron auroral substorms, J. Geophys. Res., 80(4), 553-574.
3. Fukunishi, H., T. Toya, K. Koike, M. Kuwashima, and M. Kawamura (1981), Classification of hydromagnetic emissions based on frequency-time spectra, J. Geophys. Res., 86(NA11), 9029 -9039.
4. Fukunishi, H., R. Fujii, S. Kokubun, K. Hayashi, T. Tohyama, Y. Tonegawa, S. Okano, K. Yumoto, M. Sugiura, I. Aoyama, T. Sakurai, T. Saito, T. Iijima, A. Nishida, and M. Natori (1990), Magnetic field observations on the Akebono (EXOS-D) satellite, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 42(4), 385-409.
5. Fukunishi, H., Y. Takahashi, M. Kubota, K. Sakanoi, U. S. Inan, and W. A. Lyons (1996), Elves: lightning-induced transient luminous events in the lower ionosphere, Geophys. Res. Lett., 23(16), 2157-2160.