for outstanding contributions including elucidation of the mechanism of circulation of material at the Earth’s surface and contributions to the field of isotope ecology.
A list of five major papers
- Wada, E. (1980) Nitrogen isotope fractionation and its significance in biogeochemical processes occurring in marine environments. In Isotope Marine Chemistry (eds. E. D. Goldberg, Y. Horibe, and K. Saruhashi), Uchida Rokkakudo, Tokyo, pp. 375-398.
- Minagawa, M. and Wada, E. (1984) Stepwise enrichment of 15N along food chains: Further evidence and the relation between δ15N and animal age. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 48, 1135-1140.
- Wada, E. and Hattori, A. (1991) Nitrogen in the Sea: Forms, Abundances, and Rate Processes. CRC Press, Boca Raton, 208 p.
- Wada, E. and Yoshioka, T. (1995) Isotope biogeochemistry of several aquatic ecosystems. Geochemistry International, 32, 121-140.
- Wada, E. (2009) Stable δ15N and δ13C isotope ratios in aquatic ecosystems. Proceedings of Japan Academy, Ser. B, 85, 98-107.