For outstanding contributions to high pressure geophysics, in particular to the study of the Earth’s deep interior via high pressure experiments with multi-anvil apparatus
A list of five major papers
- Ito, E. and Y. Matsui (1978) Synthesis and crystal-chemical characterization of MgSiO3 perovskite, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 38, 443-450.
- Ito, E., E. Takahashi, and Y. Matsui (1984) The mineralogy and chemistry of the lower mantle: an implication of the ultrahigh-pressure phase relations in the system MgO-FeO-SiO2, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 67, 238-248.
- Ito, E. and E. Takahashi (1989) Post-spinel transformations in the system Mg2SiO4-Fe2SiO4 and some geophysical implications, J. Geophys. Res., 94, 10,637-10,646.
- Ito, E., A. Kubo, T. Katsura, and M. J. Walter (2004) Melting experiments of mantle materials under lower mantle conditions with implications for magma ocean differentiation, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 143-144, 397-406.
- Ito, E., D. Yamazaki, T. Yoshino, H. Fukui, S. Zhai, A. Shatzkiy, T. Katsura, and K. Funakoshi (2009) Pressure generation and investigation of the post-perovskite transformation in MgGeO3 by squeezing the Kawai-cell equipped with sintered diamond anvils, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 293, 84-89.