for outstanding contributions to space physics, in particular for the understanding of the structure and dynamics of the Earth’s magnetosphere.
A list of five major papers
- Nishida, A., Geomagnetic Diagnosis of the Magnetosphere, Springer Verlag, 1978. (translated in Russian)
- Nishida, A., Formation of the plasmapause, or magnetospheric plasma knee, by the combined action of magnetospheric convection and plasma escape from the tail, J. Geophys. Res., 71, 5669, 1966.
- Nishida, A., Coherence of geomagnetic DP 2 fluctuations with interplanetary magnetic variations, J. Geophys. Res., 73, 5549, 1968.
- Nishida, A., Outward diffusion of energetic particles from the Jovian radiation belt, J. Geophys. Res., 81, 1771, 1976.
- Nishida, A., The Earth’s dynamic magnetotail, Space Sci. Rev., 91, 507-577, 2000.