for outstanding contributions to seismology, in particular to understanding the northeastern Japan subduction zone structure, earthquake activity and dynamics.
A list of five major papers
- Hasegawa, A., D. Zhao, S. Hori, A. Yamamoto, and S. Horiuchi, Deep structure of the northeastern Japan arc and its relationship to seismic and volcanic activity, Nature, 352, 683-689, 1991.
- Hasegawa, A., J. Nakajima, N. Umino, and S. Miura, Deep structure of the northeastern Japan arc and its implications for crustal deformation and shallow seismic activity, Tectonophys., 403, 59-75, 2005.
- Hasegawa, A., J. Nakajima, N. Uchida, T. Okada, D. Zhao, T. Matsuzawa, and N. Umino, Plate subduction, and generation of earthquakes and magmas in Japan as inferred from seismic observations: An overview, Gondwana Res., 16, 370-400, 2009.
- Hasegawa, A., K. Yoshida, Y. Asano, T. Okada, T. Iinuma, and Y. Ito, Change in stress field after the 2011 great Tohoku-Oki earthquake, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 355-356, 231-243, 2012.
- Hasegawa, A., J. Nakajima, T. Yanada, N. Uchida, T. Okada, D. Zhao, T. Matsuzawa, and N. Umino, Complex slab structure and arc magmatism beneath the Japanese Islands, J. Asian Earth Sci., 78, 277-290, 2013.