for outstanding contributions to seismology, in particular for many years of contributions to observational seismology.
A list of five major papers
- Takagi, A., A. Hasegawa, and N. Umino, Seismic activity in the northeastern Japan arc, J. Phys. Earth, 25, Suppl., S95-S104, 1977.
- Hasegawa, A., N. Umino, and A. Takagi, Double-planed structure of the deep seismic zone in the northeastern Japan arc, Tectonophys., 47, 43-58, 1978.
- Ishii, H., Y. Komukai, and A. Takagi, Characteristics of vertical land movement and microearthquake activity in the northeastern Japan arc, Tectonophys., 77, 213-231, 1981.
- Hasemi, A. H., H. Ishii, and A. Takagi, Fine structure beneath the Tohoku district, northeastern Japan arc, as derived by an inversion of P-wave arrival times from local earthquakes, Tectonophys., 101, 245-265, 1984.
- 高木章雄，東北日本弧－日本海溝系の地震テクトニクス, 測地学会誌, 31, 124-146, 1985.