The Japan Geoscience Union (JpGU) 2022 Meeting will be held in a hybrid format with both on-site (Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan) and online sessions.
The period of the meeting will be expanded from the previously announced period as follows.
・Hybrid phase: 5/22 (Sun) - 5/27 (Fri)
・Online poster session phase: 5/29 (Sun) - 6/2 (Thu)
During the hybrid phase, oral sessions will be held both onsite and online via Zoom live webcast. In addition, on-site poster presentations (without online webcast) will also be held. In the online poster sessions phase, online poster presentations will be conducted utilizing online video conferencing system (such as Zoom breakout rooms) for posters presentations and discussion.
Oral presentations will be given live via Zoom either locally or online. Presenters are free to choose both on-site or online presentation. The chairpersons and conveners do not have to be present at the site.
All poster presentations will be posted online. In addition, there will be an opportunity to make a presentation at the on-site venue during the hybrid phase or during the core time within the online poster presentation phase.
We will make utmost efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection at the local site during the hybrid phase. In addition to working with the venue to ensure thorough disinfection and ventilation, we ask for the cooperation of all onsite participants at the venue as follows.
- If you wish to come to the meeting, please register in advance (details on how to register will be provided as soon as they are finalized).
- It is strongly recommended that you have been fully vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated or do not wish to be vaccinated, please consider participating online.
- Please take your temperature beforehand and refrain from in-person attendance at the meeting if you have a fever or any other health problems.
- Your temperature will be checked at the entrance gate. If you are found to have a fever, we regret to inform you that you will not be admitted. Please leave on the spot and participate online.
- Please wear a mask (non-woven cloth is strongly recommended) in the venue.
- There will be a limit to the number of people who can enter each of the session rooms. If the room is full and you cannot enter, we will set up a separate space for network connection for online participation.
- Please note that the registration fee will not be refunded in case of no admission.
We will inform you of the details as soon as they are decided. Please note that depending on the future spread of COVID-19 infection, it is possible that we may move to a completely online format.
At this time, we are only providing a general outline of the meeting format, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are working hard to make the meeting safer, more stable, and more fulfilling, and we ask for your understanding and cooperation.